To set up a custom domain, there are a few simple things you’ll need to do.
- If you don’t have a domain yet, purchase a domain from a provider of your choice.
- Set your A record (DNS setting)
- Specify your chosen domain in your Toggle dashboard
- Contact our support team so we can set up SSL for your custom domain
Setting your A record
You will need create an ‘A record’ for your primary domain, which will point to Toggle’s server.
- Log in to the administrative console for your Domain name. (ie. 123-reg, 1&1, Easily, GoDaddy)
- Locate the page which allows the domains DNS records to be updated. In some cases this is hidden behind an “advanced settings” section.
- Once you have found the DNS settings, create a new ‘A record’ containing your chosen domain:
[your.chosendomain.com] - 18.104.22.168
All Toggle web shops run over https connections for security. Once you change your domain name, this will need to be set up.
To get this set up, send an email to our support team with the domain name you wish to use, and we’ll set this up for you.
Set your new domain name
Once we've confirmed the SSL configuration, in your Toggle dashboard, go to Settings > Domain. Here you can click on the edit icon to change your domain name.
Click the Save button once you’re done.
If you want to revert back to an automatically created Toggle domain, just click the Revert button in the top right.