Currently, the Toggle integration with Lightspeed supports redemption only.
We are working on allowing users to sell cards physical and digital cards in-venue.
If you haven't already, learn how to integrate Toggle with Lightspeed here.
Redeeming a card
Here’s a little run through of how it works on the iPad when someone comes in with a gift card.
1) If the guest wants to pay their bill using a gift card, select the ‘Toggle’ button:
2) This will bring up the Toggle interface within the Lightspeed app. You’re presented with two options: ‘Check a balance’ and ‘Redeem’.
To redeem a card against a bill, click ‘Redeem’:
3) Input the card number using the device keypad, or scan the QR code using the device’s camera. You will need to give the app permission to use the device’s camera:
4) The maximum amount that can be taken off the card for the transaction will automatically show, but the value can be edited before proceeding.
The screen shows the total card value, the basket total, the redemption total, and the amount that will remain on the card after the transaction.
Click ‘Confirm redemption’ if it’s all okay:
5) Lightspeed will confirm the amount paid:
Checking the balance of a card
Here's how to check the balance of a card:
1) Select the "Toggle" button:
2) This will bring up the Toggle interface within the Lightspeed app. You’re presented with two options: ‘Check a balance’ and ‘Redeem’. To check the balance of a card, click ‘Check balance’:
3) Inputting the card number in the same way you to when selling a card, this will then display all the information available on that particular card. Product name, Value, Currency, Price modifier (this could be an experience sub-category, for example)and validity period.