We’ve built Overview to help you understand how your Toggling is going. Here’s what all the numbers mean.
Total sales by product
To see how many sales your products or a specific gift product has had, you can select a date range and/or product and view your sales on a chart.
Your total sales across the date range are also shown at the bottom of the chart:
Some things to note:
- Total sales figures are ‘gross sales’ so include any discounts that were given (e.g. FOC)
- Sales that were reversed (e.g. cancelled orders) are excluded from the figures
- Any gift cards sold in your venues show under the “In-store & other” product type. If you are a Toggle Switch customer, your initial card import data will also show under "In-store & other".
- The chart resizes to an appropriate day, week or month scale depending on the date range selected. When in week or month view, the dates are week beginning and month beginning respectively. If your date range spans half a week or half a month, bear in mind that the chart may include a half week or half month at the start or the end of the chart visual.
- The data behind these charts are generated overnight, so they only reflect what has happened up until midnight *yesterday* (today's activity won't show until tomorrow).
Total sales by year
You can view how many sales you’ve had across a given year, month by month, by using this chart. This also allows you to plot more than one year on the graph, which is useful if you want to make a year-on-year comparison. For example, how your store sales compare this Christmas vs last Christmas.
Again, these figures are gross sales, so include any discounts. Reversed/cancelled orders are excluded from the numbers.
Total redemptions by year
The Total redemptions by year chart shows the total redemptions across a whole year, broken down by month. You can plot more than one year on the graph to make a year-on-year comparison for a given month. Reversed redemptions are excluded from this chart.
Outstanding active balance
Your accounts team will probably be quite interested in this one.
This number shows the total outstanding card balance at the current moment in time. You can also roll your mouse over the chart to see what the balance was on a given day in the past too. This is your current liability (the amount of gift card credit currently held by customers that could be redeemed).
There are also some other useful insights that will help you understand how your customers are using Toggle.
Average days until first redemption
This is the average time (in days) between the very first credit top up on a card and the first redemption. This is a good indicator of how long a recipient takes to use a gift card after it is first purchased. The chart also shows you the trend - are customers taking longer to visit or visiting sooner?
Gift card/experience average first top up
These numbers show whether your experiences or standard gifts are selling higher value cards. Again, you can also see the trend from the charts.
Download your charts
You can also download any of the charts to include in your presentations by using the Save chart as link next to each graph.
Need more granular data?
If you need more granular data, don’t forget you can also download raw data exports as CSVs so you can run your own detailed reporting offline.