On occasion you may need to cancel a booking and refund a deposit. You can use Toggle to offer a pre-paid card as a refund instead of refunding to the original payment card for your own cash and accounting purposes. Here's how to do it.
- Create a new product called something like 'Deposit Refund'. Remember, this title will appear in the email the guest receives.
- Add in your deposit refund denominations and the description of what it is. This will also show on the email the guest receives.
- Make sure the Webshop status is set to Inactive so it doesn't show on your guest-facing webshop. Save this product.
- You can also optionally customise the email's subject line and copy for this specific product.
- On the Orders screen, you can now create a new order, and select this product to send out.
- Enter the guest's email address, or you can bulk create up to 50 cards at a time and send these to yourself to issue manually later.